- Workshops and trainings to help Hamilton to prevent sexual violence.
- Information tables at events that provide information about sexual violence, bystander intervention campaigns and SACHA’s services
- Education that is relevant to participants lived experience.
- Connections between causes of sexual violence and other forms of oppression.
- Campaigns that challenge victim blaming, rape myths and help community members learn how to support survivors and prevent sexual violence.
- Accurate information on the dynamics and prevalence of sexual violence as well as survivors responses to trauma.
- Presentations for schools, community groups, medical professionals, unions, festivals, faith groups, workplaces, sports teams, colleges and university, youth groups, camps, and many others.
- Each workshop is customized for the group we’re presenting to.
- Topics can include consent, bystander intervention, ending rape culture, sexism in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), supporting survivors, sexual harassment, online sexual violence, SACHA services, and trauma informed support.
- Coordinates Take Back the Night and Hamilton Feminist Zine Fair
The Public Education Program offers exciting workshops and events that create space for people to explore prevention, education for change, and taking action to end sexual violence.
Book a workshop or table
Our Public Educator can be reached Tuesday to Friday - 9am-5pm
Daytime, weekend and evening workshops are available
Contact us through our contact form or call 905.525.4573 to book a workshop or a SACHA information table